In the name of Artificial Intelligence (AI) we have seen the emergence of systems such as IBM Watson, Google’s Deep Learning, and conversational assistants such as Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Echo, Microsoft’s Cortana, and human-look-alike robots. Mixed into all the hype, nowdays there is a frequent talk about whether building truly intelligent systems is even possible for those who want to see some “AI” in their company as a cool “thing”.
Intelligence is the computational part of the ability to achieve goals in the world. Artficial is applied when a machine mimics cognitive functions that is associated with human minds. The field of AI research was founded in 1956. 60 years later the AI technology still looks and behave like a real toddler. We call it Artificial Somewhat Intelligence (ASI). AI a very complex issue involving Big Picture (Universe), Philosophy, Biology, Quantum Field Theory (QFT) and Computer Sciences.
Our clients have very different ideas and goals with regard to building AI systems, and they tend to fall into some basic camps, based on how close the computer based machines they are building line up with how people work:
- the goal is to build system(s) that think exactly the same way that people do, genuinely simulating human reasoning, and is called “strong AI”. It’s a very complex subject and usually way beyond the real needs of an average company or organization,
- using human reasoning as a model that can inform and inspire new “things”. These systems use human reasoning as a guide, but they are not driven by the goal to perfectly model it. An example of this is the IBM Watson,
- get the job done and don’t care if the data and software has anything to do with human thought, it is usually called “weak AI”. This is what majority of our clients may need, an AI system designed for specific tasks. They don’t want a system that is brilliant at figuring out where the nearest university with great creative talents is to also change oil in a car.
We focus on specific problems or on the use of a particular tool to build satisfying AI applications such as:
- behavioral analysis of financial markets, simulated financial trading competition,
- data mining and data analysis,
- proprietary information encryption/decryption with automatic trusted partner and key identification,
- online customer service with text and image recognition,
- human – AI user interfaces (HAI); text, image, video, audio interfaces for complex information systems.
Contact us when you need AI experts and software developers for AI projects.